Cordelio Power, a wholly owned portfolio company of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, is an independent renewable power producer that develops, owns, and manages renewable power facilities across North America. Cordelio has more than 1,200 MW of renewable power assets under management in Canada and the United States, and a growth pipeline of over 18,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects.
With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Portland (Maine), Cordelio’s operations and growth activities are performed with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Meteorology and Resource, the Solar Meteorologist/Engineer will be responsible to manage the resource assessments and layouts of new build utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants, with focus on solar and storage projects. This includes resource assessments and layout optimization activities from origination through construction financial close to construction completion and operational solar forecasting while providing or supporting solar and BESS resource expertise within Cordelio Power (Development, Construction, and Operations).
- Develop, either directly and/or with third parties, optimized solar project layouts for various solar module technologies and site capacities to maximize project value.
- Support internal resources on site measurement plans including met mast siting and configurations and conduct meteorological assessments of greenfield and M&A projects.
- Either directly or working with third parties, create internal solar and/or resource and energy assessment reports and conduct due diligence on third party reports for development and financial evaluation.
- Conduct or manage on-site solar and/or BESS analyses of greenfield or M&A projects and support module array final siting, including through construction EPC final design and execution.
- Stay apprised of current and emerging research and trends in the field of solar resource assessments and operational performance analytics.
- Manage capacity, performance ratio, and other performance testing of solar and BESS projects.
- Manage or perform performance ratio testing for solar projects.
- Support other internal resources in development of solar measurement campaigns for successful solar project financing.
- One to three years’ experience in resource assessment in renewables, with experience in solar a must.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, Engineering, or Physics is required. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to hike in rugged terrain in various weather conditions to early development project sites in remote areas.
- Familiarity with typical computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in PVsyst solar resource assessment software is required.
- Experience in analytical software and coding a plus.
- Experience with meteorological measurement stations for solar a plus.
- Experience in solar performance testing and reporting a plus.
- Ability to work within a team and associated people skills.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts.
- Up to 10% primarily domestically (U.S. and Canada). Includes travel primarily to remote project locations as well as occasionally to company facilities and technical conferences.
- In addition to the company’s existing office locations, Cordelio may eventually set up an office in the Western U.S. This role is expected to be remotely located but may have the option to relocate to an existing or future U.S. office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cordelio reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business needs when necessary.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation range for this position is $80,000-$125,000 per year. Exact compensation will be determined by Cordelio and depends upon experience.
- Cordelio provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, health savings account, bonus, paid time off, long-term disability and term-life benefits.
- Please send your Resume/CV with subject line: “Solar Meteorologist/Engineer” to email@example.com
Cordelio is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for all its employees.
Learn more at www.cordeliopower.com or follow us on LinkedIn