Cordelio Power, a wholly owned portfolio company of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, is an independent renewable power producer that develops, owns, and manages renewable power facilities across North America. Cordelio has more than 1,200 MW of renewable power assets under management in Canada and the United States, and a growth pipeline of over 18,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects.
With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Portland (Maine), Cordelio’s operations and growth activities are performed with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.
Reporting to the Director of Execution, the Sr. SCADA and Commissioning Engineer will be responsible to manage and support the efforts associated with design and implementation of the project SCADA systems architecture and networks, and the overall commissioning of new build utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants. This includes the SCADA and telemetry networks, coordination of back feed power, substation, and project P&C commissioning (including NERC compliance), and overall coordination of commissioning of the facility as a complete and operational renewable power plant, either via internal or external resources, while providing SCADA and project networking expertise within Cordelio Power (development, construction, and operations).
- Manage the SCADA network architecture design and procurement as required by interconnection, off taker, and regulatory (e.g., NERC) obligations. This includes early-stage development, RFPs for construction contracts, engineering, procurement, and construction support, and occasional operational support.
- Provide technical input and specifications to renewable power plant SCADA system design and procurement processes, at subject matter expertise (SME) level.
- Provide and manage technical evaluation, analyses, and due diligence of renewable power plant substation control and protection systems.
- Provide and manage SME level coordination and execution of project commissioning during construction of projects through commercial operation in compliance with interconnection, off taker, and regulatory counterparties. (SCADA telemetry points checkout, control system testing, firewall and network verification, HMI and data historian checkout)
- Coordinate and manage technical support by Project Engineers of renewable power plant substation control, protection, and commissioning activities before, during, and after construction.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with Project Manager efforts, all suppliers and contractors involved in commissioning of a renewable energy power plant from designed and as built to a fully operational and functional power plant as required by relevant contracts and regulatory bodies. For clarity, this does not supersede Project Manager authority.
- Manage and update SCADA network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, SCADA servers, HMI and RTU’s on operating projects.
- Manage NERC CIP compliance.
- Prioritization of the work to be coordinated with development, pre-construction, construction, and operations stakeholders.
- Four to ten years progressive responsible experience in the renewable energy industry with project-level SCADA systems, electrical, protection, controls design and engineering, and/or project commissioning. Field experience is a strong plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical, or similar, engineering is required. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple projects overall and SCADA/commissioning design and implementation issues across multiple projects under demanding schedule constraints.
- Ability to analyze/evaluate power system performance within design boundaries.
- Ability to evaluate and apply electrical, protection, control specifications, requirements, and/or implementation issues, either directly or by pulling appropriate SME (in-house or external) into the process, as needed.
- Familiarity with SCADA systems standards.
- Familiarity with typical computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with SCADA and network software and configuration (SEL RTAC and switches, Cisco switches, Fortinet firewall, HP/Dell servers, Ignition HMI).
- Ability to work within a team and associated people skills.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts.
- Thorough understanding of SCADA system design and testing.
- Ability to manage multiple contractors/consultants as needed to support the SCADA workload.
- Up to 50% primarily domestically (U.S. and Canada). Includes travel to remote project locations as well as to vendor and supplier manufacturing facilities.
- In addition to the company’s existing office locations, Cordelio may eventually set up an office in the Western U.S. This role is expected to be remotely located but may have the option to relocate to an existing or future U.S. office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cordelio reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business needs when necessary.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation range for this position is $80,000-$125,000 per year. Exact compensation will be determined by Cordelio and depends upon experience.
- Cordelio provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, health savings account, bonus, paid time off, long-term disability and term-life benefits.
- Please send your Resume/CV with subject line: “Senior SCADA and Commissioning Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cordelio is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for all its employees. Learn more at www.cordeliopower.com or follow us on LinkedIn