Cordelio is a renewable power producer that manages an operating portfolio of over 1,200 MW of renewable power assets in Canada and the USA. We also oversee a growth pipeline of over 18,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects spread across the USA. We strive to work with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is wholly owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Maine, Cordelio’s operations and growth activities are performed with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Finance team in all aspects of financial planning and reporting. The key responsibilities of this position include preparing budgets and financial reports on Cordelio’s development, construction, and operating assets as well as corporate activities. The Senior Financial Analyst will collaborate with and support internal stakeholders in strategy, project development, project finance, operations, accounting and tax as well as external stakeholders such as CPPIB, our sole shareholder, investment partners, rating agencies and lenders.
This role is best suited for a person with financial planning and analysis and industry experience looking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Cordelio will also consider candidates without industry experience interested in engaging in the rapidly evolving renewable energy industry.
This position is expected to be based out of our Vancouver or Toronto office located in Canada.
- Prepares and analyzes budget vs. actual reports used for monthly management and external reporting.
- Prepares and reviews information for annual budgeting and reforecasting throughout the year.
- Prepares cash and security forecasts.
- Working in collaboration with project engineers, developers, originators, and tax and accounting professionals, the candidate will develop budgets, establish key performance metrics, and monitor and report on actual performance.
- Answers ad-hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies and recommends enhancements to improve business processes and enterprise reporting with key internal and external leaders and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support the FP&A, treasury, and risk management functions.
Skills & Requirements
- Holds a recognized professional accounting or finance designation.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in FP&A, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experience working in a growing company with numerous and varying reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses self-starter qualities with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize several concurrent tasks in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
Additional Success Factors
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated impact in previous roles.
- Ability to scale and take on increasing responsibility as Cordelio grows.
- Industry experience desirable, but not required.
- Experience with Vena Solutions desirable, but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cordelio reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business needs when necessary.
- Up to 10% primarily domestically (U.S. and Canada) and primarily associated with departmental and company events.
- Cordelio provides a comprehensive benefits package that include tele-commuting, medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, health savings account, bonus, paid time off, short-term, and long-term disability benefits.
- Please send your Resume/CV with subject line: “Senior Financial Analyst” to email@example.com
Cordelio is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for all its employees.
Learn more at www.cordeliopower.com or follow us on LinkedIn