Cordelio Power, a wholly owned portfolio company of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, is an independent renewable power producer that develops, owns, and manages renewable power facilities across North America. Cordelio has more than 1,200 MW of renewable power assets under management in Canada and the United States, and a growth pipeline of over 18,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects.
With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, and Maine, Cordelio’s operations and growth activities are performed with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.
Cordelio is seeking renewable energy asset management professionals to join an experienced team with a newly expanded mission to grow our Company in the United States and Canada.
The Analyst/Associate, Asset Management (title commensurate with experience) will be responsible for managing a wide range of tasks related to the oversight, commercial operations, and development of new and existing utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants in Canada and the U.S. (wind, solar and storage). This includes detailed KPI reporting, data analysis and project managing asset optimization initiatives. Working in a fast-paced environment, this individual will have the ability to work independently, prioritize, deliver against deadlines and pivot when necessary.
This role is best suited for a person with excellent organizational and time management skills, and strong technical skills who thrives working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Cordelio will also consider candidates without industry experience interested in engaging in the rapidly evolving renewable energy industry.
This position could be based in Cordelio office locations in Chicago, Toronto or Vancouver, Canada or with a hybrid work schedule and remote/home-based/virtual location.
Reporting, Performance and Analytics
- Review analytics and integrate with reporting and operational reviews (use of software platforms and tools to evaluate, wind, solar and battery storage assets)
- Support Asset Management (“AM”) team with tracking and reporting of KPIs for wind and solar assets weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Support AM team with internal and external reporting responsibilities including the preparation of PowerPoint, Excel and other materials as required.
- Manage administrative obligations tied to existing and development assets such as account set-up and updates, online portal management with third parties, and engaging relevant governmental agencies.
- Track and manage the overall portfolio operational budget plan including budget preparation and budget forecasting and work with the Site Managers and third parties to fulfill these duties.
- Support the team with commercial contract management and administration, expediting payments, procurement, and budgeting, as well as negotiations with project vendors and service suppliers to analyze costs and/or improve services.
- Work with the Operations team to understand and help resolve operational issues that affect financial performance and coordinate to ensure timely preparation of project budgets and reforecasts, and monthly operating reports with accurate explanations of variances to budget with the Finance team.
- Support M&A activities for due diligence of project acquisition opportunities.
- Lead and project manage the implementation of new asset optimization initiatives with third party suppliers.
- Provide input into the development and construction process of new projects to ensure that the AM platform is established for future operation and maintenance.
- Support the team in maximizing project financial performance by managing risks, seeking, evaluating, and executing opportunities to improve project performance.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or other field with analytical course work.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in renewable energy asset management (wind and solar), preferred.
- Demonstrable understanding of renewable energy commercial project operations, management of portfolios of energy assets.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills with attention to detail including the ability to develop effective presentations.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrable experience preparing and presenting renewable energy asset analytics.
- Ability to work with a variety of software with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite: Word, Excel (KPI Tracking and Analysis), PowerPoint, required.
- Knowledge of SAP Concur and SharePoint, a plus.
- Experience in analytical and compliance related software, a plus.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts.
Additional Success Factors
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to scale and take on increasing responsibility as Cordelio grows.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated impact in previous roles.
- Ability to travel ~15%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this role. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cordelio reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business needs when necessary.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $70,000-$125,000 per year. Exact compensation will be determined by Cordelio and depends upon experience.
- Cordelio provides a comprehensive health benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, health savings account, bonus, paid time off, and long-term disability and term-life benefits.
- Please send your resume and cover letter with subject line: “Asset Management” to email@example.com
Cordelio is an equal opportunity employer that promotes a safe, healthy, and respectful environment for all its employees.
Learn more at www.cordeliopower.com or follow us on LinkedIn